Small Upgrades that Create Big Value for Vacation Rental Owners
While many vacation rental owners may not have the funds or resources for major structural changes to their rental properties, there are several types of easy upgrades that can instantly add value. Below are our top recommendations for inexpensive improvements that will help maintain your vacation rental, impress your guests, and pave the way for repeat business in the future.
- A fresh coat of paint can breathe new life into any vacation home – nothing improves your home’s appearance more than this. Painting is easy and inexpensive and sets the tone throughout the property. Consider adding an accent wall for a splash of color and an interesting design element.
- Replacing older light fixtures not only improves lighting quality, but also gives your home an updated look and aesthetic appeal.
- New cabinet doors, knobs and contact paper for shelves and drawers freshen up kitchens and make guests feel at home during their stay.
- Upgrading to hardwood or tile flooring makes your property easier to maintain and gives it an updated look in online photos. You will score big points with guests, as well!
- Contemporary showerheads, toilet paper holders, towel racks or faucets may seem like small details, but they can give bathrooms a clean, personalized touch like that of an upscale hotel.
- Flat-screen TVs add a modern, streamlined look to your home and greatly improve the viewing experience for guests while they relax on vacation. With the cost of flat-screen TVs having come down dramatically in price, this is a great opportunity to swap out any older, boxy TVs that may be making your vacation rental look dated.
- Programmable thermostats can add money-saving and functional elements to the home. Most are inexpensive and easy to install.
- While it may not be possible to add square footage to your property – especially if it’s located in a condo building – storage within the home can be maximized by installing vertical shelving in workrooms, pantries, closets and garages.
- Little touches, like updating light switches and doorknobs, can add a fresh feel to any room. Routinely upgrade the bedrooms with hotel-quality bedding, pillows, and mattresses or mattress toppers – all things that guests have come to expect when they travel. New door handles and locks can improve security, as well.
- Save on energy costs by switching to energy-efficient light bulbs, routinely cleaning your refrigerator coils, and replacing older air conditioning or furnace filters.
Helping vacation rental owners succeed in North Myrtle Beach, SC is our passion. For more tips or to get a free proposal on your next project, contact Vantage Vacation Rentals at 877-319-5808 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit our Vacation Rental Management Services page to learn more about how Vantage can help you maximize your vacation home.