Wednesday, February 7th is #BookDirect day, and whether you’re planning a spring getaway or a summer trip, here are five reasons why booking direct is the strategy of smart travelers.
- Websites such as Airbnb, VRBO, HomeAway and TripAdvisor add significant fees when you book through them. So do many online travel agencies. You can save substantially by contacting the owner/manager directly.
- Direct contact with the owner/manager makes it easy to communicate special needs without your requests getting “lost in translation.”
- Many of the best vacation rentals aren’t even listed on major sites, because listings are expensive for owners. Along the North Carolina coast, for example, only 30% of all rental properties are listed on the major sites. You could be missing out.
- Owners and managers know the property and the area. They can offer insider’s knowledge. Many have special offers they don’t list on the major sites.
- Owners and managers have the most updated information on their property and community. They can tell you about new amenities, lesser-known area events and hidden gems.
Book smarter. #bookdirect. You’ll save and have a much better experience.