The leaves may be changing up north, but that summer feeling is still going strong during autumn in Myrtle Beach, SC. With smaller crowds and great deals, the town takes on a whole new flavor, making it truly a year-round destination.It’s perfect for families, vacations with friends or snowbirds flying south. We recently previewed some of the best events popping up in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, this fall—from Oktoberfest to ShrimpFest—and now we’re highlighting the best places to stay near the events so that you can be close to all the action. Open your calendars and pencil in a fall getaway today. Book one of our recommended beach vacation rentals below, or see the entire selection.
A short stroll from SOS Fall Migration (September 12–21)
Calling all swing dancers! Did you know that the shag is the state dance of South Carolina? The Society of Stranders Fall Migration celebrates everything dance, asSOS lounges host dancing, tea parties, classes and live music. Some of the spots to execute your best shimmy are Ducks, Duck’s II, OD Arcade, Pirate’s Cove and Fat Harold’s. There will also be block parties on the first Sunday and Monday of the event. Choose one of these great rentals as your home so you can tap your feet right over to the SOS Fall Migration fun. All units are a short walk, drive or bike ride from the dancing on Main Street in North Myrtle Beach, SC.
- Beach Cove Resort 421 – If it’s water views you’re after, look no further. Located just steps from the water’s edge, this one-bedroom, one-bathroom oceanfront condo offers lovely fourth-floor views at sunrise and throughout the day. The open living, dining and kitchen area make socializing easy and the space is equipped with a flat-screen TV and queen sleep sofa for extra guests. Outside, there’s an impressive oceanfront pool, kiddie pools, a lazy river and bar. You’re also right across the street from all the fun at Barefoot Landing.
- Blue Water Keyes 701/1001/1101 – These three units in the oceanfront building are almost identical side units, all newly updated and boasting two bedrooms and two baths. Blue Water Keyes is a beautiful development in Crescent Beach with all the amenities you could ask for. You’ll love taking in the views from your glass-paneled balcony and swimming in both indoor and outdoor pools and a lazy river. You’re also in the heart of North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina—close to great golf, restaurants and the beach!
- Ocean Breeze Cottage 1 – Calling all large families, friend groups and the rest of your vacation pack—this gorgeous three-story home sleeps 18! And the five-bedroom, five-bath has the best amenity of all to keep that summer vibe going: a private pool. Located in the peaceful Windy Hill section of North Myrtle Beach, SC, and just a short walk from the beach, you’ll want to collapse after a day in the sun in the first-floor den complete with mini-fridge and wet bar, large sectional sofas and a flat-screen TV. Have foodies in your group? They’ll love the modern kitchen with stainless steel appliances and a large breakfast bar. This is the perfect choice for snowbirds looking to stay a while.
Stomp over to SeptemberFest (September 21)
One of the best ways to close out the summer and welcome fall is SeptemberFest! It takes place at popular Barefoot Landing, on the lawn at Dockside Village, and features live music as well as food, vendors and beer and wine. You can also make like Lucille Ball and try the grape stomp, complete with a bottle of wine and souvenir tumbler for you to take home. Book one of these great rentals — all a short walk across the street from Barefoot Landing—and tipple without worry!
- North Beach 213 – Lovely décor and great upgrades define this three-bedroom, three-bath upscale oceanfront condo in the Indigo Tower. You’ll love cooking in the updated kitchen with stainless steel appliances and a breakfast bar. Sip your morning coffee or enjoy dinner on the large terrace. Views of the pool and ocean complete the property.
- Ocean Creek D5 – If dramatic sunsets are on your vacation checklist, you’ll love this direct oceanfront condo in the resort’s North Tower with beautiful views of both the coastline and tidal creek. The three-bedroom, three-bath is fully updated and inviting, and the large balcony is accessible from both the living room and master bedroom. Outside, there are 57 sprawling acres to enjoy on the property between the ocean and the Intracoastal Waterway.
- Ocean Creek L2225 – This newly renovated two-bedroom, two-bath in the Lodge Villas has tranquil woodland view, which give it the feel of a cozy forest retreat. Inside, it’s been nicely updated. When you step outside, there are both indoor and outdoor pools, tennis, volleyball and an on-site restaurant to enjoy. It’s also just a quarter-mile walk to the beach, right past a scenic duck pond.
Rev your engines for the Cruisin’ the Beach Car Show (October 10–12)
Calling all car enthusiasts! Cruisin’ the Beach Car Show and Swap meet is an open car show with judges, awards, vendors and of course a swap meet held at Broadway at the Beach, the most popular tourist destination in Myrtle Beach, SC. Along with the cars on display, there will be gas and oil collectibles, state tags, vintage signs, road maps, toys, t-shirt sales and great food and drinks.
Grab your stein and head to Oktoberfest (October 11–12)
Celebrate everything fall at Oktoberfest! The event boasts live entertainment and a vast selection of beers including Southern Tier Pumking, Cigar City Jai Alai and Angry Orchard Cider, plus plenty of family friendly libations and activities. For the little ones there’s a pumpkin patch, face and pumpkin painting, hay rides, a petting zoo, inflatables, scarecrow making and costume contests. Over 60 vendors will be in attendance selling some of the area’s favorite foods. All the units below are within a 15-to 20-minute drive of Broadway at the Beach (where Cruisin’ The Beach Car Show is being held) and Market Common (where Oktoberfest festivities will take place). Enjoy both easily with these centrally located options!
- Patricia Grand 1504 – Indoor and outdoor pools, a lazy river, hot tubs and a beach lounge deck — yes please! Snowbirds flocking to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, for winter rentals will love all the amenities at Patricia Grand that add to the feeling of eternal summer. The resort itself is family friendly and just two miles from the north end of the boardwalk. The condo itself is a one-bedroom, one-bath on the side of an oceanfront building and has a large balcony, perfect to lounge the morning away and take in the great views of the ocean and beach.
- Sea Mark Towers 406 – Modern décor in beachy blues and neutrals and floor-to-ceiling windows for extra light make this Sea Mark tower condo stand out. The three-bedroom, three-bath is located less than two blocks from the ocean in northern Myrtle Beach and is convenient to the most popular attractions in the area, including golf courses, outlet shopping and Broadway on the Beach.
- Marina Inn 7301 – If you’re looking for a little luxury, this three-bedroom, three-bath 2,100-square-foot condo at the Grande Dunes Resort will fulfill your requirements and more. Located right on the water, you’re going to love the home’s tasteful décor, high-end amenities and unique master bedroom suite with its own fireplace and kitchenette. In the living room is another fireplace and gorgeous views of sailboats and motorboats in the marina. A gorgeous choice in a top community.
Discover your home for Myrtle Beach fall events
Make plans to visit Myrtle Beach, SC, during its second season. It’s a perfect place to keep that summer feeling going all through fall and even early winter, especially for snowbirds making their trek south.You can book a beach rental near your favorite fall events at a great low rate! Vantage reservation specialists are standing by to help. You can also browse all options and book direct at www.vantagemb.com. Remember to book direct through Vantage so you get the lowest possible rates and the best possible selection.
Be a vacation insider! Get deals, event info and helpful tips from Vantage by subscribing to our email list:
Founded in 2007, Vantage Vacation Rentals specializes in delivering exceptional experiences for both vacation property owners and their rental guests in popular Maryland destinations such as Ocean City, Annapolis and the Eastern Shore of the Chesapeake Bay, as well as the Delaware beaches and North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. Vantage serves owners with extensive property marketing and promotion as well as comprehensive property management services to help maximize rental income opportunities. With over 550 managed properties, Vantage makes it easy for vacationing guests to find and reserve the perfect option—then enhances their stay with exclusive benefits and discounts. To learn more about Vantage Vacation Rentals, visit VantageOceanCity.com, EasternShoreVacations.com and VantageMB.com.