What’s On Your Summer Bucket List?
Hang up your coats and leave your textbooks at home – the First Day of Summer is finally here! That means more hours of daylight to enjoy all the things that we love most about this time of year. Whether you’re lounging on the warm sand, splashing in the surf, or enjoying your favorite local restaurants, Myrtle Beach is the perfect backdrop for making memories. However, just like a seagull swooping in to snatch the last french fry, these precious weeks will be gone before you know it. What’s on your summer bucket list? Scroll down for a few ideas from the Vantage team of what we are looking forward to most about summer! For even more ideas of what to do this summer, download our free North Myrtle Beach Vacation Guide.
Catch Summer Before It’s Gone
With fireworks in the sky and barbeque on the grill, it is clear that summer is in full swing. Let us help you check off everything on your bucket list! Our vacation rentals are filling up fast, but there is still time to treat yourself and your family to that perfect summer vacation. Looking for an awesome deal? Speak with a Vacation Coordinator at (888) 404-3110 or visit our Specials Page for reduced rates at select homes.
Top Family-Friendly Activities in Myrtle Beach, SC
Start with a base of beautiful beaches, add a heaping dose of exciting attractions, and mix it all together with some sweet Southern charm, and you’ve got a recipe for family fun. Myrtle Beach is known for being one of the East Coast’s top destinations when it comes to family-friendly activities and atmosphere. There is truly something for everyone here! Relaxing on the beach may be the perfect way to unwind, but sometimes it’s nice to spice up your vacation by taking an excursion or trying something new. Browse below and explore our favorite family-friendly spots in Myrtle Beach, SC.
- Family Kingdom – Set aside an afternoon or a whole day to visit Myrtle Beach’s only oceanfront amusement park and water park. Located on Ocean Boulevard just a few blocks south of the Promenade, Family Kingdom features over 30 amusement rides ranging from kiddie classics and go karts to daring roller coasters and thrill rides. If you’re looking for a fun way to cool down, check out Splashes Water Park, which offers a variety of speed slides, children’s play areas with smaller slides and fountains, and a lazy river for the whole family to enjoy. Climb to the top of the Water Flumes water slide for an incredible view of the ocean and beach, then glide down to the bottom on a tube.
- WonderWorks – Located at the popular Broadway at the Beach outdoor shopping and attraction area, WonderWorks combines education and entertainment in a hands-on way that kids (and adults) love. Come discover this 50,000 square foot amusement center that looks like a giant upside down building. Once inside, you’ll find dozens of fascinating exhibits such as what it’s like to experience a category 1 hurricane, land a space shuttle from space, play with a gigantic Lite-Brite, navigate a glow-in-the-dark ropes course, or explore the world with a Google Earth virtual globe.
- Medieval Times – Immerse yourself in a world of jousting knights, gallant horses, and the pageantry of the medieval world at this popular dinner theater attraction. Dine with the king and enjoy a raucous four-course feast while watching a two-hour tournament with six competing knights who dazzle the crowd with their thrilling swordplay and fairy tale drama. Vegetarian meals and special accommodations for food allergies are available upon request.
- Broadway Grand Prix Family Race Park – If you feel the need for speed, then Broadway Grand Prix is sure to get your adrenaline going! Race to victory on seven unique tracks that twist and turn around the park, offering courses for all ages and skill levels. While you’re here, be sure to check out a variety of other attractions such as the 100-foot Sky Coaster, two 18-hole mini golf courses, kiddie rides, arcade, and rock climbing wall. Grab a bite to eat at the snack bar, which features classic fare like pizza, funnel cakes, French fries, ice cream, and burgers.
- Alligator Adventure – Visit one of the largest facilities in the world for reptiles and exotic animals. Come “snout-to-face” with fierce and beautiful creatures such as alligators, crocodiles, lizards, birds, monkeys, lemurs, snakes, hyenas, frogs, tortoises, and more. Guests visiting mid-April through mid-October can attend live alligator feedings for a brief lecture and Q & A as these powerful creatures chomp their lunch. Alligator Adventure is located in the Barefoot Landing shopping, dining and entertainment area in North Myrtle Beach and just across Route 17 from our rentals in North Beach Plantation and Ocean Creek.
- Skywheel – Take a ride in an enclosed gondola and get a 360-degree view of the Myrtle Beach coastline and the surrounding area. Each ride can hold two to six guests per cabin and is three revolutions long, which takes about eight to ten minutes. The SkyWheel is one of the tallest Ferris wheels in North America, sitting 187 feet in the air. Even when the sun goes down, SkyWheel lights up the night with a fantastic display that can be seen up and down the boardwalk.
- Pirates Voyage Dinner & Show – Join Captain Blackbeard in an epic battle for lost treasure! Located in an impressive arena complete with a 15-foot deep lagoon and full-sized pirate ships, this exciting dinner show will pull your family into a swashbuckling adventure. Cheer your team on to victory while eating a four-course pirate feast and watching acrobatic displays, aerial feats, sea lions, tropical birds, and more. Vegetarian meals and special accommodations for food allergies are available upon request. Pirates Voyage is also conveniently located across Route 17 from our rentals in Marina Inn at Grande Dunes.
- Still haven’t booked your vacation? Summer is only two months away! Browse our vacation rentals in Myrtle Beach and North Myrtle Beach at VantageMB.com to book online or call our Vacation Coordinators at (888) 404-3110 today.