Why Attend the Society of Stranders Mid-Winter Workshop in Myrtle Beach?
The phenomenon known as the Shag dance first emerged several decades ago along the beaches of South Carolina. And it remains a strong part of the area’s culture to this day. But it’s much more than a dance—it’s a lifestyle worth celebrating. And that’s precisely what you can do with the Myrtle Beach Society of Stranders.
The Society of Stranders (SOS)—a popular dance organization named after Myrtle Beach’s “Grand Strand”—meets three times a year, and they will host their Mid-Winter Workshops for new and current members between January 16 and 20, 2019.
Winter Is a Drag—Let’s Shag!
Whether you love everything Shag or just love having a great time, you won’t want to miss the party that is the SOS Mid-Winter Workshops. There are lots of reasons you’ll want to be part of the action:
- Escaping the winter blahs in Myrtle Beach
- Getting active after holiday feasts
- Showing off your moves—and learning a few more
- Making new friends that last a lifetime
Let loose to your favorite beach music at area clubs with an exciting lineup of DJs and live bands. If you’re not already a member, you can join SOS for just $35. Your membership card will grant you access to all participating clubs, including:
Make Yourself at Home
When you’re not dancing the night away at the SOS Mid-Winter Workshop, you can try North Myrtle Beach’s delicious new restaurants, stroll along the uncrowded beach, explore the world-class shopping or just kick back and relax.
The North Myrtle Beach SOS Mid-Winter Workshop is the perfect excuse to spend a few days away with friends at the birthplace of Shag. And Vantage is the perfect partner to help you find a vacation rental property that keeps you close to all the action. Give us a call at 888-404-3110 to book a property or browse our selection of North Myrtle Beach vacation rental properties.
Small Upgrades that Create Big Value for Vacation Rental Owners
While many vacation rental owners may not have the funds or resources for major structural changes to their rental properties, there are several types of easy upgrades that can instantly add value. Below are our top recommendations for inexpensive improvements that will help maintain your vacation rental, impress your guests, and pave the way for repeat business in the future.
- A fresh coat of paint can breathe new life into any vacation home – nothing improves your home’s appearance more than this. Painting is easy and inexpensive and sets the tone throughout the property. Consider adding an accent wall for a splash of color and an interesting design element.
- Replacing older light fixtures not only improves lighting quality, but also gives your home an updated look and aesthetic appeal.
- New cabinet doors, knobs and contact paper for shelves and drawers freshen up kitchens and make guests feel at home during their stay.
- Upgrading to hardwood or tile flooring makes your property easier to maintain and gives it an updated look in online photos. You will score big points with guests, as well!
- Contemporary showerheads, toilet paper holders, towel racks or faucets may seem like small details, but they can give bathrooms a clean, personalized touch like that of an upscale hotel.
- Flat-screen TVs add a modern, streamlined look to your home and greatly improve the viewing experience for guests while they relax on vacation. With the cost of flat-screen TVs having come down dramatically in price, this is a great opportunity to swap out any older, boxy TVs that may be making your vacation rental look dated.
- Programmable thermostats can add money-saving and functional elements to the home. Most are inexpensive and easy to install.
- While it may not be possible to add square footage to your property – especially if it’s located in a condo building – storage within the home can be maximized by installing vertical shelving in workrooms, pantries, closets and garages.
- Little touches, like updating light switches and doorknobs, can add a fresh feel to any room. Routinely upgrade the bedrooms with hotel-quality bedding, pillows, and mattresses or mattress toppers – all things that guests have come to expect when they travel. New door handles and locks can improve security, as well.
- Save on energy costs by switching to energy-efficient light bulbs, routinely cleaning your refrigerator coils, and replacing older air conditioning or furnace filters.
Helping vacation rental owners succeed in North Myrtle Beach, SC is our passion. For more tips or to get a free proposal on your next project, contact Vantage Vacation Rentals at 877-319-5808 or email email@example.com. Visit our Vacation Rental Management Services page to learn more about how Vantage can help you maximize your vacation home.